We now offer holistic consults with Dr Jamie!
This website, https://www.bangalowvets.com.au/, is owned and operated by BANGALOW VETS PTY LTD (ABN 83 623 164 723)
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
Unit 1, Bangalow Business Centre, Cnr Lismore Rd & Dudgeons Lane, Bangalow, NSW 2479
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We choose to voluntarily comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). We understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you engage with us via this website, or choose to become our client we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your name, email address and phone number
- the country that you live in
- your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you • information that allows us to tailor our content to your needs when you sign up for one of our webinars or promotional events • We may collect your IP address, and information about your browsing history to help us improve the usability and appeal of our website. More information about this is found in the section on Cookies below.
Collection and Use
We may collect your personal information by various means including:
- an opt-in form for our mailing list
- when you email us
We use this information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide you with relevant news and updates about our services
- improve this website and the services we provide
We will only collect your personal information:
- with your full awareness and consent, such as when you email us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide us with information
- if we need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- if we are legally required to collect it
- for necessary administrative processes if you become our client
- if we believe that we can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes, although we will always give you a choice to opt out
We understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive, and that you are trusting us to keep this information confidential.
We will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- through our intake form
- when you send us information in an email (please note that email may not be sufficiently secure – if the information is extremely sensitive, ask me about alternative ways to share it with me.)
The reason why [I/we] collect this information is:
- so that we can provide you with the services you have requested from us
- to ensure that we are providing you with the most appropriate services
The sensitive information we ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- your contact details
- your financial data
We are committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
Some sensitive information may be stored securely online, or in the cloud. You can find out more about their security provisions in the section on Security below.
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under the following circumstances:
- in the presence of their parents
- with their parent or guardian’s full consent
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
You may choose not to provide us with your sensitive information. However,
- if you choose not to be completely honest with us, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
Disclosure of Information
Reasons why we may disclose your information include:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to send you products that you have purchased
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that someone is engaging in unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your information in this context, please do not hesitate to get in touch with [me/us] to discuss this personally.
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your information while in our possession or control. We will not knowingly share any of your information with any third party other than the service providers who assist us in providing the information and/or services we are providing to you. To the extent that we do share your information with a service provider, we would only do so if that party has agreed to comply with our privacy standards or we are satisfied that the service provider has a suitably protective policy of their own. Some of our service providers may be overseas and may not be subject to Australian Privacy Laws. Please contact us if you have any concerns about the potential disclosure of your information.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal and sensitive information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your information by:
- storing files securely
- ensuring that only key personnel have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
- conducting regular audits of our security systems
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small text files that are commonly used by websites to improve a user’s experience, collect statistics or marketing information and provide access to secure areas.
You can choose to configure your browser settings not to accept cookies but this may interfere with the functioning of this website.
Our website uses the following cookies:
- We use analytical cookies from Squarespace tracking how our website is used.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about your use of our website so that we can get strategic information about how our website is being used and improve its functionality. You can find out more about the information Google collects and how it is used here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Google also provides an add-on for your browser that you can use to opt-out and prevent your data being used by Google Analytics. You can access that add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- The health ombudsman in Queensland.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If we have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.