While we may not be a dedicated wildlife vet, we often triage and provide first aid to all wildlife, including koalas. Once stable, we refer these animals to specialist wildlife organisations such as WIRES, Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers, Friends Of The Koala, Byron Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, Australian Seabird Rescue and more.

What to do if you find injured wildlife.

If you find an injured animal, the best thing to do is to call WIRES or Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers. They will be able to offer expert advice and usually will get a fully trained wildlife rescuer to come and safely collect the animal. Contact information for these organisations is listed below:

You can also follow these handy tips from WIRES about how to assist a sick or injured animal in the wild.

Emergency rescue advice

Stay updated

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Follow us

We’re pretty social!